There are many things to consider for your high rise building in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Waterloo this 2019. This includes installing a high-rise fire alarm system as an emergency voice/alarm communications system, as defined by the National Fire Alarm Code, NFPA 72-2002.
According to this, emergency voice or alarm communication system should have a dedicated manual and automatic facility for the control, transmission and origination of the transmission of information and instructions, especially during a fire alarm emergency. Thus, buildings that are 75 feet or higher should have one installed in their building.
This provides notifications for people residing in the premise to evacuate during times of emergency. This can be done via automatic or manual voice instructions to the building occupants. But as to reduce panic, this is best done via an sms messaging system.
Click here to learn more about the Honeywell Mass Notification System.
Installing an emergency voice or alarm communication system in high rise building is a not so easy feat. This ensures the following measures are fixed and met:
1. Some existing systems and devices of the building are interfering with the fire alarm system such as the door and smoke control, HVAC damper, stairwell pressurization and other security systems.
2. The system should be intelligible to handle voice messages
3. The system should have an incorporated fire department radio repeater system, firefighter telephone, and bidirectional amplifiers
4. The existing occupant notification has to meet both the local and state codes, otherwise this has to be replaced
5. The notification appliance circuits for the risers have to survive during a fire
With all of these needed considerations, it is important to choose a highly skilled and licensed company able to handle all of these specifications.
Hawkeye Communication is certified and licensed to design and install emergency voice or alarm communication systems. It has a long partnership with Honeywell Building Systems to ensure all of these safety criteria is properly accounted for.
Contact these numbers for any of your high rise building concerns pertaining to emergency voice or alarm communication systems in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City. and Waterloo. We are happy to help.
Cedar Rapids: (319) 362-4300
Iowa City: (319) 351-3030
Waterloo: (319) 226-5348
Phone Fax: (319) 362-5256