A successful work environment is one where employees feel welcome, secure, and safe. Security is the foundation of any successful company and in today’s world, you can’t be too careful.
It’s no secret that an employee who feels valued and safe will produce higher quality work. When you create a safe work environment, you give your staff the opportunities and security they need to get the job done while having peace of mind. As their employer, it is your duty to keep them safe when they’re on your property. So what are some things you can do to increase security around the office?
1. Schedule an assessment: Before you start investing in any security product, have a team of experts inspect your property. A company like Hawkeye Communication can come to your office location and determine what security measures are best for your kind of business. Whether you need to invest in surveillance, secure entrances, advanced fire alarm systems, motion sensors, or more, the staff at Hawkeye Communication can evaluate your property and give you the proper feedback you need before making a purchase.
2. Install a personalized security system: Understanding the business environment is a critical part of finding your perfect security solution. Your system should have all the capabilities you need to keep your employees safe. Whether you need day-to-day security or 24-hour surveillance, it is important that your system is designed specifically for you.
3. Use surveillance: Warding off potential intruders is a key aspect of maintaining security around the workplace. Because theft can occur anywhere, it’s important to monitor your property, warehouses, storage sheds, and more. Turn to an authorized security dealer in your area to help you find the best security solutions for your property. Look for options including:
4. Create policies and procedures: Installing a security system and surveillance options are a start but what should your employees do if a burglary is taking place? Draw up an emergency plan for several situations including severe weather, active shootings, break-ins, and fires. Once your plans are complete, share them with your staff members and run a practice drill to clear up any confusion and answer questions.
5. Choose an authorized security dealer: The main purpose of your security system is to keep your staff members safe, which means it will only be as good as the company doing the installation. To get as many benefits out of your system as possible, choose a reputable and authorized dealer such as Hawkeye Communication. As Honeywell Authorized Dealers, we are part of the elite Honeywell program in North, Central, and South America that specializes in commercial and industrial installations. Such dealers are trained to install high-quality products to satisfy commercial video, access control, intrusion, and integrated system requirements.
Are you in need of a security system for your commercial space or business? Turn to the experts at Hawkeye Communication. We offer personalized services to homeowners and businesses in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Waterloo, and surrounding areas.